Here’s a list in reverse chronology of stuff I’ve done.
Principal engineer and technical lead on the game technology team for Candy Crush Saga.
- Ownership of long-term technical stability and operative capabilities of
the game, responsible evolution of legacy systems, and further development.
- Supporting and mentoring production teams to help ensure technical KPIs for
new functionality, defining standards and educating across different crafts
in technical design, optimization of real-time applications, and performance
- Working closely to production including regular releases of features to
several hundred million players every two weeks, with active participation
in incident management as necessary.
Tension Graphics (2011-2018)
- KT OmniView, an app for the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
I integrated a REST API from a third-party provider using C++,
Java, and Python.
- The official Peace & Love app using Ember and Cordova on
the frontend and a REST API backend using Django and Wagtail.
- Falun 2015 Live, the official app for the Nordic World Ski
Championships 2015. I implemented the frontend, integrated a REST API, and
performed acceptance testing. Written in C++ using a proprietary
Teacher at PlaygroundSquad, higher vocational education for game development.
- Supervised 40+ game projects as a programming instructor.
- Taught a cross-craft syllabus with holistic responsibility for the programmer
craft, evolving the curriculum based around industry needs.
- Implemented various technical services such as automated builds, student
submissions, school applications, statistics reporting, and promotional
- Speaker at public events, conventions, and fairs.
Teacher at Falu Frigymnasium (upper secondary education) at their
Information Technology programme.
- Taught various programming, IT, and web development courses as per Swedish
National Agency for Education standards.
- Helped develop and evolve the school curriculum.
Student years (pre-2011)
- PSP Minis title Ambassador Kane for the PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3,
and PlayStation Vita. The game was written in C++ using a proprietary engine.
I was the lead programmer on the project and my responsibilites also included
compliance testing and publishing.
- The Settler Creeks update for open world hunting game theHunter
during an internship at Expansive Worlds as a game client programmer.
I implemented new game features, including a tree stand and a ground blind.
Written in C++ using the proprietary Avalanche Engine.
- Developed and maintained Seal Hunter, multiplayer freeware game which has
been in live operation for 10+ years with more than 1.8 million game rounds
played and 100k players.